Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"All I Need" Radiohead

I, like you, have a long and varied listening history with Radiohead. I air-guitared to Pablo Honey, in solidarity with my fellow 16 year-olds. I shed a tear to The Bends to let the world know that fake plastic trees, while sounding great as a rock lyric, symbolized the decline of western consumer culture. I got my calculator out for OK Computer, to identify obscure time signatures while smoking pot and debating the virtues of digital distortion filters. Kid A and Amnesiac were filed beside my Tortoise and God Speed You Black Emperor Cd's, affirming for me that my developing but already sublime musical taste was in sync with rock geniuses like Thom Yorke. Hail to Thief was not good enough for me. I didn't have time for it. I was busy. Didn't people know how many amazing bands were out there in need of fans? And now, as if to punish me for my hubris, they release In Rainbows, which has been on repeat for several days, despite my predisposition to indifference. Point taken, guys. Won't happen again.

Here's the embodiment of my current love-affair...

"All I Need" Radiohead

Tired of just pushing artistic boundaries, Radiohead are pushing the commercial envelope as well. In Rainbows is available as a direct pay-what-you-want download...

In Rainbows (pay what you want)

1 comment:

Mata Hari said...

Thank you!