Monday, March 31, 2008

"Hummingbird" Born Ruffians


Thanks to Jessica for reminding me that I have a music blog and should probably write something in it.

K, I'm gonna start slow...

I saw these Tarana kids in Portland last weekend (I have this bizarre habit of seeing Canadian bands whenever I'm in US. I don't consciously seek them out. They just seem to be the best show that weekend. They inevitably talk about being Canadian too. Dunno if this is just the shows I'm at or if they do this everywhere. At any rate, it seems to entertain the band more than the crowd. Though the Portlanders seemed genuinely engaged when Cadence Weapon riffed on being from Edmonton. Maybe they were just trying to figure out where the hell Edmonton was.) and they were really very good. Crispy. Fast. Tight. Can I say Violent Femmey? I just did.

Oh, and they're on Warp Records, which is always a good thing.

Here's their first single...

"Hummingbird" Born Ruffians - mp3

Buy the full length, Red, Yellow and Blue (amazon) (itunes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quality ρostѕ iѕ the ѕecret to
be a focuѕ foг the people to pay
a vіsit the web ѕіte, that's what this site is providing.

Visit my homepage: roll off dumpsters