Thursday, July 19, 2007

Feist Remixes


















Feist is a lot like Kevin Federline. They both belong to that rare group of artists whose work is received with absolute critical and popular consensus. While everyone agrees that playing a K-Fed CD should be a violation of the Geneva Conventions, everybody loves Leslie.

So, I won't waste your time expounding the virtues of her second full-length, The Reminder, which is, inexplicably, even better than her debut, Let It Die. But I will recommend a few dancefloor makeovers that manage to do justice to the originals. No small feat.

The first is from Berlin techno label Boys Noize. The second is by fellow countrymen and electro-funk gods, Chromeo. And the last, of which I'm particularly fond, comes from Aussie scenesters VanShe.

"My Moon My Man (Boys Noize Remix)" Feist

"Sealion (Chromeo Remix)" Feist

"1234 (VanShe Technologic Remix)" Feist


(BUY) The Reminder CD

PS If you haven't seen the videos for these two songs you're a loser.

My Moon My Man - Video

1234 - Video

-

No comments: