Wednesday, March 22, 2006

"The Fire In Which You Burn" Company Flow

Company Flow and El-P’s various off-shoots kept me interested in hip hop through the late 90’s and early 2000's. When this album finally made it’s way to my delicate west-coast ears it sounded so hard I started riding the underground part of the skytrain with it blasting in my headphones just to feel down. It was the first time I realized that some dudes could just make a hip hop record in their basement and it could kill anything else out there. I even love the tinny production and tape hiss. It sounds as fresh now as it did when it was released almost ten years ago, which isn't saying much for the state of the genre. El-P’s verse on this track is still my favourite in any song, ever.

"The Fire In Which You Burn" Company Flow

No comments: