Saturday, April 08, 2006

"Fuck The Valley Fudge" Grandaddy

The good news: Grandaddy have a new album coming out. The bad news: it will be the last Grandaddy album. This Modesto, CA quintet have been making me sad-happy (one of my favourite ways to be) for years now and it sounds like they've finally had enough of me and my moods. They will dutifully release this album (their 4th full length? 5th?) and then politely decline any and all touring opportunities. So, if you saw em at the Commodore a few years back, you saw their last Vancouver appearance. That is, until they do their Pixies-style reunion tour in ten years. This is a song from the excellent ep they released last year, Excerpts from the Diary of Todd Zilla.

R.I.P. you depressed bastards.

"Fuck The Valley Fudge" Grandaddy (dead link)

No comments: