Saturday, April 08, 2006

"The Gap" You Say Party! We Say Die!

These exclamation mark bands are gonna be really embarrassed one day if they aren't already. I'm sure it seemed like a great idea three years ago when they all formed. The unfortunate thing is that a lot of them are really excellent bands that don't deserved to be lumped in with some passing trend. I was gonna describe these vancouver kids as Le Tigre meets Pretty Girls Make Graves but then I went to their website and that's exactly what their blurb said! No shit. I guess they really do sound like that. This song reminds me of being 17 and packing into Pitt Meadows community hall to watch Submission Hold bang on their instruments and shout about western imperialism, which I like. (the memory, not the western imperialism)

"The Gap" You Say Party! We Say Die!

"Cold Hands! Hot Bodies!" You Say Party! We Say Die!

No comments: