Thursday, February 01, 2007

"Air Aid" Menomena

Forgive me for gushing but these guys are officially my new favorite new band. And they're playing Pat's Pub on saturday night (feb 3) so don't sleep. Pretty sure this is my favorite song on the record. I love the retro prog-rock aesthetic. It could be a Yes, or Genesis or even Can song. I feel a definite prog-indie wave building (TV on the Radio, Grizzly Bear, Danielson) and I couldn't be happier. It's fun to get drunk and dance, but it's also fun to miss your ex-girlfriend and think about the nature of the universe. Maybe that's just me.

"Air Aid" Menomena
(BUY IT)
I also anticipate a whole lot of choirs coming our way, unless Sufjan Stevens gets hit by a bus sometime soon.

1 comment:

Violet Chrome said...

"It's fun to get drunk and dance, but it's also fun to miss your ex-girlfriend and think about the nature of the universe."

You're awesome. I'm officially making this gem-of-a-sentence the "most excellent phrase of Spring".